Wednesday 3 February 2010

Pets and people together forever

It’s intriguing to see what grabs the attention of people, especially when it’s something you don’t, yourself, reckon to be at all eyebrow-raising.

Down in Cornwall, Penny Lally at Penwith Woodland Burial Place is burying pets with their owners. So remarkable is this reckoned to be that the story has whizzed round the world in the last few days. People are needing to get their heads around it – but they’re doing that and they like it. Interesting to note that the Daily Mail ran the story in Femail. Ain't it a bloke ting too, huh?

You can also be “Rolled round in earth's diurnal course / With rocks, and stones, and trees” together with your dumb chums at Tarn Moor.

And at a natural burial ground near you, shortly, no doubt. Good oh!

(Love that memorial at Tarn Moor. See pic in the Mail story.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous syncopated eyeball said...

Hello Charles. This is very interesting to me. My cat companion Jack died mid 2008. I miss him so. I have his ashes and I'd already thought that I would like to have them with me when I am cremated; if I haven't decided on something else for Jack's remains by then. I like your blog by the way, good to hear your voice of reason in an area where so many are so (understandably) irrational.

3 February 2010 at 20:58  
Blogger Charles Cowling said...

Hello, syncopated eyeball! How nice to see you over here! You can always simply have Jack's ashes mixed with yours (if there's anyone to do the mixing, that is)(rather than have him cremated twice). What do you intend to happen to your ashes?

We CAN take the most important things with us when we go!

3 February 2010 at 21:05  
Anonymous syncopated eyeball said...

Thanks Charles. Actually, what I would really prefer for myself to turn into compost and take Jack's ashes with me. You posted about something like that fairly recently. I like the idea of completing the circle like that.I sometimes wonder if it would be more sensible to let whoever is left behind to do whatever THEY find preferable since I won't be there anyway.

4 February 2010 at 22:23  
Blogger Charles Cowling said...

I think it's a bit like a birthday party, a funeral. You let people know what you'd like, then leave them to it.

What makes it different from a birthday party is that, with a funeral, it's reckoned to be good manners to pay for it yourself.

You could well be a candidate for Cryomation. It's definitely the eco-friendliest way to go. Good luck when the time comes!!

5 February 2010 at 14:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home