Monday 27 April 2009

Something to celebrate

A while back I blogged about celebrants. The essence of my argument was that people do not get to choose their celebrant from the range available locally because funeral directors, who like to hold all service providers in their thrall, do not offer them a selection.

Very soon they’ll have no choice. There's now an excellent website which enables people to type in their postcode and instantly survey all the celebrants in their area.

Funeral directors: sit up and take notice, please! And hospices and bereavement officers!

Celebrants: register!

If you are looking for a celebrant, have a look. The website also describes the various organisations which train celebrants.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kathryn Edwards said...

Wheee, Chazzer! Nice to have you back. I know a blog needs a holiday, but I miss you when you're at the seaside.

Thank you for bringing this site to general attention. It will work if it fills up: I have just tuned in to see my nearest celebrant (other than self) to my central London home address, and find it's a woman in High Wycombe, 30 miles away.

I wonder why they don't include email/website details?

Kx

28 April 2009 at 12:45  
Blogger X. Piry said...

Thanks Charles.

Where do you find all of these things?

28 April 2009 at 21:54  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home